Community of Music Makers
Love to sing and play music? Take the stage at Davies Symphony Hall with workshops for amateur musicians!
Join Us on Stage!
Capacity for Sing Out, Davies! has been reached, and registration for this workshop is now closed. To be placed on our waitlist for the November 20 workshop, please email: MusicMakers@sfsymphony.org. Workshops for instrumentalists begin spring of 2012. Join our mailing list to receive an invitation! Email: MusicMakers@sfsymphony.org.
Community of Music Makers workshops give amateur adult singers and instrumentalists the opportunity to make music on stage at Davies Symphony Hall, with the support of SFS artists and resources. Learn more.
More Details about the November 20 Workshop
- Specific objectives in music that remain constant from year to year include:
- engaging students with live music in a variety of styles and representing diverse cultures, and developing students' awareness and appreciation of these musical styles
- engaging students in active listening and gaining an understanding of appropriate behavior when listening to live music in school and concert settings
- introducing music concepts and vocabulary
- familiarizing students with different instruments by sight and sound
- fostering students' awareness of music as a means of communicating ideas and feelings
- fostering students' awareness of the expressive qualities of music
- having students experience and understand ways in which music is made in San Francisco
June 28 Workshop - A Great Start
The first Community of Music Makers workshop, Sing Out, Davies!, was held on Tuesday, June 28, 2011. SFS Chorus Director Ragnar Bohlin led singers in music from three choral masterworks including the famous Hallelujah Chorus.